People with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia often experience physical limitations that can make eating difficult, causing frustration, embarrassment and anxiety during mealtimes – enough to make some residents want to avoid eating altogether.
Balanced Bites is our revolutionary new dining program that entices residents with memory challenges back to the table with appetizing, nutritiously sound meals that are also easy to hold, chew and swallow.
Empowering Residents to Enjoy Dining Again
These bite-sized portions retain all the nutrients, flavors and aromas of a well-balanced meal and are presented as easy-to-handle, visually appealing finger foods. This supportive approach to dining restores our residents’ joy and confidence at mealtime by empowering them to safely eat with dignity.
- A satisfying, nourishing and visually appealing meal
- Food is easy to chew, digest, and nutritionally complete
- Easily accessible bite-size portions - No knives or forks are necessary
- More meals eaten, especially high value nutritional items
- Promotes and encourages independence